Mobile Banking App
With mobile money you can:
- Check Account Balances
- Transfer Funds
- View Transactions
- Pay Bills
- Locate our ATM and Branch locations
- Text for your balance, transaction history or locate ATMs
- Make deposits with CNB Mobile Deposit
3 easy ways to access your accounts:
1. Downloadable App – Available for users with Android™ and iPhones®
2. Text Banking – Available for users who have a phone capable of sending and receiving SMS text messages
3. Mobile Browser – available for users who have a phone that has a data plan (internet access) but is not capable of downloading apps
Simply go to your app store and download our app or
1. Log in to Online Banking
2. Click on Options
3. Scroll down to find the mobile banking profile box
4. Click enroll now, read and accept the terms and conditions, and continue
5. Proceed through the screens and select which option you would like. You may choose more than one option such as the app along with text banking
Phone must be capable of sending and receiving text messages from a 5 digit short code. Messaging and data rates may apply. Check with your carrier for details. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. and IPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
CNB Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
What is CNB Mobile Deposit?
CNB Mobile Deposit is an easy way to use a mobile phone to deposit checks into your checking, savings or money market accounts.
Who can use CNB Mobile Deposit?
All consumer banking customers that have signed up for Ecom Online Banking services, have an eligible account (any checking, savings or money market), and have the CNB Mobile Banking App.
What devices can it be used on?
CNB Mobile Deposit can be used on any Iphone or Android that has the CNB Mobile Banking App.
Are there any fees?
We are pleased to offer the CNB Mobile Deposit service at no charge for consumers meeting all requirements.
Other fees may still apply, such as those for returned item or overdrafts, and mobile carrier fees.
How do I endorse the checks?
The check is to be signed by you (properly endorsed) and labeled “For CNB Mobile Deposit Only”.
Is there a limit on the number or amount of checks deposited?
There is a daily check deposit limit of $1500 on any one day. You may deposit any number of checks individually as long as the total for the day does not exceed this limit.
How am I notified if a check is not accepted?
If your deposit is not accepted you will receive a phone call as well as an email notifying you that your deposit was not accepted along with an explanation as to why it was not accepted.
When is the cutoff for making a deposit and getting it into my account?
All CNB Mobile Deposits made before 4pm CST are processed and credited that evening and generally available on the next business day under the Bank’s Funds Availability Policy.
Deposits processed after 4pm CST will be processed the following business day, with availability of funds on the business day following when the deposit is processed. Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays are not considered business days for processing purposes, even if the bank may be open on those days.
How are deposits made on the weekend handled?
Deposits made on Saturday or throughout the weekend are processed on the next business day following that weekend.
Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays are not considered business days for processing purposes, even if the bank may be open on those days.
What do I do with the checks once I have deposited them electronically?
We recommend securely storing them for 14 days after the deposit is made.
Are there any helpful hints to make using CNB Mobile Deposit more efficient?
- Make sure the check amount entered matches the amount written.
- Verify that the back of your check is signed (properly endorsed) and labeled “For CNB Mobile Deposit Only”.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the on-screen camera when capturing your photo.
- Capture your photos in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid dark background before taking photos.
- Keep the phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photo.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your mobile deposit.
Is electronically depositing checks safe and secure?
Yes, the online transmission of checks using CNB Mobile Deposit is secured through a secure SSL encrypted browser session. You should protect your login for CNB Mobile Banking as you would your login for any other online banking services.
Can I deposit any type of check?
Only a draft, payable on demand, and drawn on or payable through or at an office of a bank, is eligible for deposit as a Check Image. Without limiting the preceding sentence, the following items are not eligible for deposit as Check Images under Mobile Deposit, and the Customer must deposit these original paper checks with the Bank for collection:
- U.S. Treasury Checks
- Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, or Travelers Checks
- Checks drawn on banks located outside of the United States
- Checks not payable in U.S. dollars
- Checks not signed or not dated
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the account owner(s); third party checks
- Checks payable jointly, unless being deposited into an account in the name of all payees
- Promissory notes and similar obligations, such as savings bonds
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks made payable to Cash
- Pre-existing substitute checks
- Stale-dated checks (more than 180 days past the check date)
- Post-dated checks (dated later than today’s date; future dated)
- Non-cash items (as defined under Section 229.2(u) of Federal Reserve’s Regulation CC)
- Checks drawn on the same Citizens National Bank account number; and
- Any other class of checks or drafts as identified by Citizens National Bank to the Customer from time to time.