CNB St. Louis Bank is looking for an experienced marketing specialist to join our dynamic marketing team. CNB St. Louis Bank, formerly Citizens National Bank of Greater St. Louis, is an independently owned community bank that dates itself back to 1915, making it one of the oldest banks in the State of Missouri. We’re proud to be a locally owned bank that embraces the principles and values of the communities we serve.
Our team is focused on providing our customers with personalized service, positive experiences, and convenient accessibility. The Marketing Specialist will work in conjunction with the Marketing Coordinator, to execute and contribute ideas to support the overall Marketing strategy, as directed by the Marketing Director.
This position is responsible for the execution of marketing strategies that support the continued growth of the Bank. Day to day, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Participate in creative brainstorming to help define and deploy strategic campaigns with defined goals and objectives.
Design ads, flyers, signage, social posts, and other graphic needs within the brand guidelines previously established.
Create original marketing content designed to generate interest and increase brand awareness for website pages, blog posts, emails, social media, print materials, newsletters, etc.
Provide creative for advertisements including print, web, PPC, and ads within our digital banking platforms.
Prepare and submit news releases; identify and take advantage of newsworthy opportunities that arise.
Collaborate with internal and external compliance reviewers to ensure all content and designs meet regulatory compliance standards prior to distribution.
Keen understanding of customer experience, including website user experience
Provide communication, design, and other support to areas outside of the marketing department to promote key initiatives including growth, efficiency, customer experience, and employee experience.
Conduct research including competitive analysis, customer surveys, etc.
Assists with audit and examination preparation related to all marketing efforts.
Shares in proofreading all marketing materials.
Community event involvement.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Successful candidates are organized, independent, highly creative, and detail-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Desired competencies include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and department performance standards.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and maintain a fast-paced workflow.
- Advanced skills and proficiency with Adobe Illustrator & InDesign are required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Adobe Photoshop
- General understanding of SEO principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience with CRM systems, email marketing tools, Canva, social media scheduling software, and other common marketing tools.
- Experience with photography or video editing is a plus.
- Strong project management, time management, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Good understanding of financial institution products and services
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or business-related field preferred. Equivalent, related, work experience will be openly considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience is required; experience in banking or professional financial services is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the top social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram).
Why Join the CNB Team?
CNB St. Louis Bank is committed to its customers, its community, and its employees. Working with the CNB team offers great rewards, such as:
- Career growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Competitive benefit packages*
- Positive and collaborative culture
- Commitment to community
- Strong values
Check out our Indeed profile to learn more about working at CNB and view our current job openings, photos, and reviews:
*eligible full-time employees