It is never too early to start planning for your future. Benefit from our tax-advantage accounts to help you reach your financial objectives. Investing your Individual Retirement Arrangement (IRA) funds into a bank Certificate of Deposit (CD) could be a great way for you to diversify your retirement funds.
CNB St. Louis Bank IRA CDs have many advantages:
- Competitive Rates - make the most of your retirement funds by earning competitive interest rates and annual percentage yields based on amount invested and term. See our current rates.
- Flexibility– Chose from a wide variety of fixed rate CD terms, or benefit from our variable rate IRA CD1
- Safety – CNB St. Louis Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), so all IRA deposits are insured up to $250,000.
Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRA?
An IRA is a tool used for long-term savings, such as retirement, with a built-in tax benefit. There are two types of IRAs:
- Traditional IRA: A traditional IRA is designed to provide a tax benefit when the funds are placed in the IRA.
- Roth IRA: A Roth IRA is designed to provide a tax benefit when the funds are withdrawn from the IRA.
To learn more about the similarities and differences of these two types of IRAs, check out the IRS website.
1The interest rate and annual percentage yield for CNB’s Variable Rate IRA Certificate of Deposit is based on the discount rate of the 91-day Treasury Bill plus 75 basis points and is set on the first Tuesday of each month.